Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 36 - Still in San Antonio

Another day to sleep in before heading out for downtown San Antonio to visit the market (Mercado), and we took advantage of the extra rest. The next couple of days will be on the road and we wanted to rest up a little extra.

Sheila began hearing "The Voices" again and they were saying "If you come and spend, the people will prosper and flourish." And so The Woman who hears "The Voices" went out and spent and the people, yea they did prosper and flourish, and yea the dry spell of not shopping for The Woman was broken into many many pieces and she rejoiced and so did the people.

As you can see, Sheila managed to do a little shopping at the first store we saw and I sat on the bench for a little while during the first shopping spree. That is a picture of me after waiting for a little while when the shopping spell was being broken. The woman waiting next to me had been there for a while too.

Some tall Dude tried to point out several places to spend pesos and dollars, and I went off in search of a belt (leather, not liquid). And yea, he did entice The Woman to do additional shopping while I stepped into a small shop to look at belts. And The Woman was in her glory and enjoyed her day very much. Oh yeah, I did get a new belt and we had lunch too. K

So now Kens in the biblical mode huh? I really didn't do much shopping. The mercado was nice I felt as though I was back in Mexico. All stores had pretty much the same things but slight alteration in price, about 30 cents. I did get some Mexican vanilla and a few Christmas ornaments. I did find a beautiful sterling silver bracelet with a nice piece of tiger eye in one of the nicer galleries. I told the clerk I'd think about it. Over lunch I mentioned it to Ken and he said he thought I should get it, well who am I to argue. I went back to the gallery and it was still there, so now I'm the proud owner of this lovely piece.

We found a Wal Mart and had the car greased and the oil changed. We did some food shopping, carrots,celery, bananas, grapes, yogurt and diet drinks enough to fill the cooler and keep us going on our long rides. Oh I did get a new pair of jeans too, now all set for fall in the South.

When we got back to the motel grabbed bathing suits and hit the pool, temp 95 at 5PM
Tomorrow will start out early and probably stop in Houston for the night. Then the next day push on to New Orleans, but we'll see how it goes.

I've really enjoyed San Antonio glad, we had this chance to stop. S

1 comment:

  1. San Antonio looks pretty cool..and hot too..the shopping spree(s) you can't pass up..and I don't know about you guys..hearing all those voices..buy,buy,buy..spend, spend,spend..you guys are funny..be safe..Kate & Kel

    ReplyDelete