Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 6 - Mall of AMerica

Well, here I am with my cousin Patty. I haven't seen Patty for 49 years, and it turned out that she wasn't the tall buxom blonde she told me she was last night. Or else, maybe I grew a little bit in height and she colored her hair...?

It was so nice to see her again after all these years, and I actually knew her when she walked into the motel lobby to meet us. Patty joined us when we went to the Mall of America, and what a place that is. The place is huge, with 540 stores (but no Dunkin Donuts), is 5 stories high, and has an amusement park in the center.

We were only there for about 4-1/2 hours, and saw only about 10% of it, if that much. Mainly, we enjoyed spending time with Patty. Sheila and I plan to return to the mall on Tuesday for the day. Should get a little exercise walking around the place then. K

Hi all,
Ladies start your engines this is the place to come. Three floors of Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Macys, and hundreds of other stores. Kens cousin and I went into Bloomingdales shopped but didn't buy. Then to Nordstroms, again shopped but didn't buy. So much to see and so little trunk room. They even have a Marshalls in the mall. We did go to the Pandora jewelry store and I got a charm of the hundred lakes of Minn, as well as a cat, a green and gold Murano piece, and an aurora borealis Swarofski piece. All fit very nicely on my bracelet and my wrist.
Tonight plan to go to the pool for a swim and get some kinks out. Then there's an Outback next door to the motel that Ken wants to try. We'll probably be in bed early again tonight. Tomorrow plan to go back to the mall, there's a shuttle from the hotel to and from so very convenient. Plan on spending another night here tomorrow then will leave for Des Moines, then Omaha and then Kearney for the reunion. This is the only place we've really stopped to see things at and what a place! My head's turning in all directions once we got here. Take care all. Love Sheila and Ken

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget FedEx for all those must have and can't fit things! Enjoy and be safe. tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are doing just fine. Stay the hell out of that mall, spend your money at home and help the local economy. If you run out of money ...don't go to strangers give me a call..
    K & K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheail..you must be in a heaven..sounds like quite a place..and good for you..more Pandora charms..like the lake charm..a token of your trip..didn't know they had special local ones..enjoy the last of the Mall tomorrow..I'm sure Ken will have a ball there..haha..take care..miss you guys!..Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi folks...

    Your adventure sound like great fun. I went to visit Uncle Phil yesterday, I printed out your blog and read it to him. He is enjoying your adventure too.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys hope you can see this
    Love,She and Ken

    ReplyDelete