Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 1 of The Great Adventure

Honest Honey, I did pack light!

August 26th:

Today the start of our great adventure.
The car is packed to the gunwheels, and I packed light, honest. We started out with an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts when I remembered I forgot my cell phone at home. We returned home barely speaking, but civil, and I retrieved the phone for the journey. Hit some construction, but are now in a high priced room in Syracuse NY. Guess what, this is the week of the NY state fair in Syracuse, and we were lucky to get a room!
Stopped several times to stretch our legs on the ride, but did hit some rain. Crossed the Erie Canal. Ken and I are again laughing and talking.
Spoke with our daughter about the status of our cat, Sam. He's adjusting well, but they got little sleep as he's an active one year old cat. Their cats spent the night under their bed. Cat saga to be continued.
Now plan to walk across the street from motel to restaurant for dinner. Tomorrow plan on going to Niagara Falls. Will keep you posted.
Love,
Sheila and Ken

1 comment: